Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Introduction to New Testament Greek: Alphabet and Sounds

Ever wonder what a first lecture in New Testament Greek might include? Well, look no further. The following is the content portion of my recent class at MTS. I recorded it after class as a way to help students review what I said or didn't say in class. It's not perfect, I still have not figured out how to edit myself (in real life and in this format). So, overlook those and other weaknesses and enjoy a nice relaxing and stimulating lesson on the Greek Alphabet and its sounds. This is the first part of the first lecture. If there is enough interest, I will publish more. So, let me know.




As it relates to my interest in identity formation. Learning Greek is an identity forming experience. One's scholarly identity is being developed and learning in the context of community provides many opportunities for ingroup/outgroup comparision, not to mention stereotyping and social categorization. Tajfel and Turner would be proud. The book I use was introduced in a previous blog entry. It is R.D. Kunjummen's New Testament Greek: A Whole Language Approach. This first part of the lecture only covers the first four pages of the book.

1 comment:

J. Brian Tucker said...

some of the words are cutting out during the practice section. I am not quite sure why. It may be a function of the conversion process. Sorry about that.